At-risk rangatahi at the heart of Matapuna25 August 2023 - Sunrise Foundation
Matapuna Trust Board recently established an endowment fund with Sunrise as part of their governance work to secure the Trust’s long-term future.
Knowing Sunrise will invest donations in perpetuity (forever) and distribute the investment income back to Matapuna every year forever appealed, as it gave the Trust confidence the fund will support their ongoing viability.
“Our Sunrise fund will provide a level of independent funding, where our Matapuna Trust Board will have discretion over where the funds will be most beneficial,” says Jodie Cook, Matapuna Training Centre, CEO.
“Having a Sunrise grant every year will enable us to provide support for at risk youth and adults in a need based, flexible way,” says Jodie.
Reliant on charitable funds every year to operate, the Trust felt restricted at times by government contracts and funding rules. This led to discussions about establishing a fund with Sunrise, knowing they would have control of how to use their annual grant in a way it will have the most impact for their students.
The Matapuna team is committed to growing the fund through a range of activities over the near future, so they can continue helping rangatahi through the holistic wrap-around support system they offer. By removing or minimising barriers to learning, Matapuna hopes for all their students to achieve their goals and realise their potential.
To read more about Matapuna’s new fund, or to actively support them with a donation please visit our website. Any donation you make will be invested, protected, and grown each year in line with inflation, with the investment income granted back to Matapuna annually as a grant. This means your donation will keep supporting them forever.
Matapuna provide Learner, Restricted, and Full Licence courses for clients referred from WINZ or Youth Services as one of their community-based programmes.
- Summer 2023Summer-2023.pdf - (551 KB)
- Spring 2023Spring-2023.pdf - (515 KB)
- Winter 2023Winter-2023.pdf - (541 KB)
- Autumn 2023Autumn-2023.pdf - (549 KB)
- Summer 2022Summer-2022.pdf - (560 KB)
- SPRING 2022SPRING-2022.pdf - (451 KB)
- Winter 2022Winter-2022.pdf - (1 MB)
- Autumn 2022Autumn-2022.pdf - (460 KB)
- Summer 2021Summer-2021.pdf - (553 KB)
- Spring 2021Spring-2021.pdf - (1.1 MB)
- Winter 2021Winter-2021.pdf - (606 KB)
- Autumn 2021Autumn-2021.pdf - (568 KB)
- Summer 2020Summer-2020.pdf - (584 KB)
- Spring 2020Spring-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Winter 2020Winter-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Autumn 2020Autumn-2020.pdf - (478 KB)
- Summer 2019Summer-2019.pdf - (1.4 MB)
- Spring 2019Spring-2019.pdf - (493 KB)
- Winter 2019Winter-2019.pdf - (436 KB)
- Autumn 2019Autumn-2019.pdf - (943 KB)
- Summer 2018Summer-2018.pdf - (408 KB)
- Spring 2018Spring-2018.pdf - (349 KB)
- Winter 2018Winter-2018.pdf - (277 KB)
- Autumn 2018Autumn-2018.pdf - (303 KB)
- Summer 2017Summer-2017.pdf - (276 KB)
- Winter 2017Winter-2017.pdf - (1.2 MB)
- Autumn 2017Autumn-2017.pdf - (413 KB)