Leaving a lasting legacy20 August 2021 - Sunrise Foundation
It is fitting that Gisborne man Andrew Corson is finalising his will, bequeathing almost his entire estate to The Sunrise Foundation as we celebrate Wills Month this September.
This hugely generous donation will have a positive impact in perpetuity.
“The fact the money is going to benefit the region and is not going into some funding pool where Gisborne just gets a small percentage really appealed to me,” he said.
“I’m about to finalise the paperwork and have found the whole process of drawing up a will very easy. My lawyer was also able to give me some excellent advice.”
That advice was around setting up specific funds in his name and distributing 30 percent into each, with the final 10 percent going to the General Fund.
Andrew has chosen the Ngatapa Rugby and Associate Sports Club fund as one of the recipients and will have a named fund as part of this. The rugby club holds a special place in his heart as he and his two brothers, David and Patrick played for the club in their youth.
The second fund is the Outward Bound fund which is also of personal significance. Andrew went to Outward Bound as a 20 year old and said it was a life-changing experience.
As a dedicated swimmer, he said setting up a fund for the Tairāwhiti Swim for Life was a no-brainer.
“It’s just something all kids should learn to do and not all get the opportunity.”
He is doing the Mahia Swim Challenge and has already clocked up 28.7 kms.
Before lockdown he was at the Olympic Pool every morning at 6am, 7 days a week where he had climbed two places on the leaderboard.
By donating to The Sunrise Foundation, Andrew knows his money will keep on giving - to our community of Tairāwhiti and those who need it most.
Wills Month is a good reminder of the importance of having a will and keeping it current.
If you are considering leaving a gift in your will, The Sunrise Foundation can help. Our smarter model invests and protects your gift, so it grows to become an ongoing source of funding. And you can decide how it will be used.
“I feel good knowing the money is going to a good cause and I like the idea it is self-generating. Donating to The Sunrise Foundation was my way of making a gift that would last forever.”
- Autumn 2022Autumn-2022.pdf - (460 KB)
- Summer 2021Summer-2021.pdf - (553 KB)
- Spring 2021Spring-2021.pdf - (1.1 MB)
- Winter 2021Winter-2021.pdf - (606 KB)
- Autumn 2021Autumn-2021.pdf - (568 KB)
- Summer 2020Summer-2020.pdf - (584 KB)
- Spring 2020Spring-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Winter 2020Winter-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Autumn 2020Autumn-2020.pdf - (478 KB)
- Summer 2019Summer-2019.pdf - (1.4 MB)
- Spring 2019Spring-2019.pdf - (493 KB)
- Winter 2019Winter-2019.pdf - (436 KB)
- Autumn 2019Autumn-2019.pdf - (943 KB)
- Summer 2018Summer-2018.pdf - (408 KB)
- Spring 2018Spring-2018.pdf - (349 KB)
- Winter 2018Winter-2018.pdf - (277 KB)
- Autumn 2018Autumn-2018.pdf - (303 KB)
- Summer 2017Summer-2017.pdf - (276 KB)
- Winter 2017Winter-2017.pdf - (1.2 MB)
- Autumn 2017Autumn-2017.pdf - (413 KB)