Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime25 August 2023 - Sunrise Foundation
Sunrise awarded E Tu Elgin a grant of $5000 on behalf of The Tindall Foundation which will contribute towards operating costs of their planned sustainable skills courses for whanau living in Elgin.
E Tu Elgin are a community-based support group whose committee currently live or were raised in Elgin. By teaching sustainable skills that their ancestors would have used daily E Tu Elgin hope to provide whanau with the opportunity to connect to their culture.
Rewana bread making, bulk food cooking, weaving, baking and household financial literacy are just some of the skills they have planned for Elgin community whanau soon.
Hineiti Monika, E Tu Elgin committee secretary says, “With the help of experts we want to provide whanau with opportunities they wouldn’t usually get.
“We want to teach skills to last a lifetime, which can be re-taught to younger whanau, strengthening our community.”
Hineiti says, “The old saying ‘If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime’ is what we’re all about - learning skills for a lifetime which can be shared with others.”
E Tu Elgin is community driven, where feedback is valued by the committee to ensure courses and events they offer align with what the Elgin community wants and needs.
- Summer 2023Summer-2023.pdf - (551 KB)
- Spring 2023Spring-2023.pdf - (515 KB)
- Winter 2023Winter-2023.pdf - (541 KB)
- Autumn 2023Autumn-2023.pdf - (549 KB)
- Summer 2022Summer-2022.pdf - (560 KB)
- SPRING 2022SPRING-2022.pdf - (451 KB)
- Winter 2022Winter-2022.pdf - (1 MB)
- Autumn 2022Autumn-2022.pdf - (460 KB)
- Summer 2021Summer-2021.pdf - (553 KB)
- Spring 2021Spring-2021.pdf - (1.1 MB)
- Winter 2021Winter-2021.pdf - (606 KB)
- Autumn 2021Autumn-2021.pdf - (568 KB)
- Summer 2020Summer-2020.pdf - (584 KB)
- Spring 2020Spring-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Winter 2020Winter-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Autumn 2020Autumn-2020.pdf - (478 KB)
- Summer 2019Summer-2019.pdf - (1.4 MB)
- Spring 2019Spring-2019.pdf - (493 KB)
- Winter 2019Winter-2019.pdf - (436 KB)
- Autumn 2019Autumn-2019.pdf - (943 KB)
- Summer 2018Summer-2018.pdf - (408 KB)
- Spring 2018Spring-2018.pdf - (349 KB)
- Winter 2018Winter-2018.pdf - (277 KB)
- Autumn 2018Autumn-2018.pdf - (303 KB)
- Summer 2017Summer-2017.pdf - (276 KB)
- Winter 2017Winter-2017.pdf - (1.2 MB)
- Autumn 2017Autumn-2017.pdf - (413 KB)