Words from Glenda25 August 2023 - Sunrise Foundation
In June we hosted three round table discussions for local groups or organisations who received a grant in our 2022 annual funding round. It was inspiring to hear of the important work they each provide in Tairāwhiti. The discussions also provided a forum for networking and sharing of ideas and challenges. Feedback from attendees was overwhelmingly positive.
We are excited to launch two new endowment funds with Sunrise - Matapuna Training Trust and Stella Maris Catholic Early Childhood Centre. Read more about the new funds later in our newsletter, or if you would like to actively support them with a donation, either visit our website or email me at email@example.com.
September is Wills Month and I urge you to consider whether your Will is up to date. I would like to acknowledge Gisborne couple Rod Glengarry and Sue Leslie who have amended their Wills to include Sunrise. Their philanthropic future donation will have a positive impact in perpetuity for our community. Thank you both for your immense generosity.
At our AGM last month, we recognised the ongoing support of our donors despite the challenging times our region has faced this past year. Endowments have grown to $7.5 million, with almost $1 million granted to worthy causes in Gisborne-Tairāwhiti. Whether it's $5 a week or a substantial donation, every dollar makes a difference, so thank you all.
Welcome to Whaimutu Dewes who has joined Sunrise as our latest voluntary trustee. Whaimutu has vast governance experience and with his strategic thinking has already proven himself an asset to our team.
And lastly, a reminder of our ‘Community Hero’ partnership with Gisborne Bayleys. List and sell your house or property with any Gisborne Bayleys agent, and they will kindly donate $1000 towards Sunrise operating costs. Be sure you mention Sunrise in your initial consultation with them though!
- Summer 2023Summer-2023.pdf - (551 KB)
- Spring 2023Spring-2023.pdf - (515 KB)
- Winter 2023Winter-2023.pdf - (541 KB)
- Autumn 2023Autumn-2023.pdf - (549 KB)
- Summer 2022Summer-2022.pdf - (560 KB)
- SPRING 2022SPRING-2022.pdf - (451 KB)
- Winter 2022Winter-2022.pdf - (1 MB)
- Autumn 2022Autumn-2022.pdf - (460 KB)
- Summer 2021Summer-2021.pdf - (553 KB)
- Spring 2021Spring-2021.pdf - (1.1 MB)
- Winter 2021Winter-2021.pdf - (606 KB)
- Autumn 2021Autumn-2021.pdf - (568 KB)
- Summer 2020Summer-2020.pdf - (584 KB)
- Spring 2020Spring-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Winter 2020Winter-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Autumn 2020Autumn-2020.pdf - (478 KB)
- Summer 2019Summer-2019.pdf - (1.4 MB)
- Spring 2019Spring-2019.pdf - (493 KB)
- Winter 2019Winter-2019.pdf - (436 KB)
- Autumn 2019Autumn-2019.pdf - (943 KB)
- Summer 2018Summer-2018.pdf - (408 KB)
- Spring 2018Spring-2018.pdf - (349 KB)
- Winter 2018Winter-2018.pdf - (277 KB)
- Autumn 2018Autumn-2018.pdf - (303 KB)
- Summer 2017Summer-2017.pdf - (276 KB)
- Winter 2017Winter-2017.pdf - (1.2 MB)
- Autumn 2017Autumn-2017.pdf - (413 KB)