Holdsworth Family fund supports the arts in Gisborne11 June 2020 - Sunrise Foundation
Gisborne Homeschool Drama Group has been doing annual performances since 2015. Last year they received a grant from the Dame Bronwen and Dr Peter Holdsworth Family Endowment Fund at Sunrise to help them stage C S Lewis’ The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.
Their annual performances encourage children and youth, both home educated learners and traditionally educated students, to engage with the arts.
An important goal is to make theatre arts accessible to families at an affordable price. They promote their performances to low decile schools for free, or on a koha basis, and seek to offer children who would be unlikely to attend a theatre performance the opportunity to enjoy a high quality classic literature play adaption performed by peers of similar ages.
A long-time supporter and advocate of the arts Dame Bronwen believes creativity is an integral part of every aspect of our lives.
“Vibrancy and diversity of the arts is a vital component in enhancing the cultural, social and economic life of our community. Creativity is an integral part of every aspect of our lives – through all stages of education, culture and technology.”
Dame Bronwen went to see the play and says “the individual performances were terrific. My grandchildren and I absolutely loved it. Congratulations to Gisborne Homeschool Drama Group and parents for yet another successful production.”
Read more about how you can set up a named endowment fund and support the causes you care about every year.
- Summer 2023Summer-2023.pdf - (551 KB)
- Spring 2023Spring-2023.pdf - (515 KB)
- Winter 2023Winter-2023.pdf - (541 KB)
- Autumn 2023Autumn-2023.pdf - (549 KB)
- Summer 2022Summer-2022.pdf - (560 KB)
- SPRING 2022SPRING-2022.pdf - (451 KB)
- Winter 2022Winter-2022.pdf - (1 MB)
- Autumn 2022Autumn-2022.pdf - (460 KB)
- Summer 2021Summer-2021.pdf - (553 KB)
- Spring 2021Spring-2021.pdf - (1.1 MB)
- Winter 2021Winter-2021.pdf - (606 KB)
- Autumn 2021Autumn-2021.pdf - (568 KB)
- Summer 2020Summer-2020.pdf - (584 KB)
- Spring 2020Spring-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Winter 2020Winter-2020.pdf - (548 KB)
- Autumn 2020Autumn-2020.pdf - (478 KB)
- Summer 2019Summer-2019.pdf - (1.4 MB)
- Spring 2019Spring-2019.pdf - (493 KB)
- Winter 2019Winter-2019.pdf - (436 KB)
- Autumn 2019Autumn-2019.pdf - (943 KB)
- Summer 2018Summer-2018.pdf - (408 KB)
- Spring 2018Spring-2018.pdf - (349 KB)
- Winter 2018Winter-2018.pdf - (277 KB)
- Autumn 2018Autumn-2018.pdf - (303 KB)
- Summer 2017Summer-2017.pdf - (276 KB)
- Winter 2017Winter-2017.pdf - (1.2 MB)
- Autumn 2017Autumn-2017.pdf - (413 KB)